Saturday, December 8, 2018

December 8 - Productive Saturday

It was a little chilly this morning, so I stayed under the covers and finished my book until late morning.  It was not a particularly fast start to the day - but I ended up being pretty productive.

We did two loads of laundry - with sun and no workers, it was like old times getting clothes dry on the roof.

Last week Emily sent a picture of a meal that she had made for herself.  It looked good to Albert, so I made a version of it today.  Of course there were some small substitutions required due to lack of available ingredients, but in the end Albert seemed happy.  It was WAY too spicy for me, but luckily we had lots of other leftovers for my lunch.

I also managed to do a few hours of good Spanish review.  Some days are better than others, and today seemed really good.

Finally this afternoon, I needed to get out and do some walking.  So, Albert and I headed over to the Alameda and checked out one of the Christmas carnivals that I hadn't checked out yet.  It was hopping.

Then, it was directly out to Costco to get a few things - shampoo, toothpaste, peanut butter,... And, while we were there, we got Albert's card.  Now he can go on his own (ha ha ha) if he decides he really needs something; but more importantly, now he can go in the US when he is back in January.

I was feeling pretty good when we got home and did a little more Spanish.  

Now it is getting late, and I want to get up early and watch some Whitman women's basketball -so I am going to try to get to bed soon.