Thursday, December 20, 2018

December 20 - Sweet and Bittersweet

This morning started early with everyone except me heading out - Albert and Rachel to Tangier and Taylor home to his family in the US.  The house was very quiet.

With a couple of hours to kill, I baked cookies for my school Christmas party.  And then headed off to class.

For one student, today was his last day before Christmas and since tomorrow is our teacher's last day, he brought her a gift to say thank you for her months of care and patience... it was a very sweet moment that led to a few tears.  The school has lots of great teachers, but she really is special and we will all miss her.

After class we had the school Christmas party.  Many of the teachers do not have afternoon classes this week and were able to really relax - 
In addition to lots of food and wine, there was some raucous Christmas caroling.  The poor guitar player....  I only ate a couple of small things and skipped the drinking - with a refrigerator full of turkey leftovers and nobody home except me, I was happy to leave the food for everyone else.  I brought home an empty tupperware from my cookies.  

After the party, I headed home and had a late (5pm) lunch, and did a little shopping.  Then it was back to the kitchen to make some candy.  I am making small boxes of homemade candy for each of the teachers at my school.  Today candy making.
Tomorrow morning before school, assembling candy boxes.

Tomorrow will be my last day of school until January - my first real break since I started in early July - hopefully I don't forget everything in the 10 days off.