Sunday, November 18, 2018

November 18 - Just Keep Walking

Today it rained - a lot.  I kept putting off my walk because I knew that even a jacket and umbrella would not be enough to keep me dry.  Luckily, I had lots of hard Spanish homework to keep me distracted.

Finally, around 5pm there was a break in the clouds and I headed out.  At first I was just wandering around downtown enjoying the people watching, and then I decided to head out away from the center of the city.  My plan was to go as far as I could (along a bus route) and when it really started to rain, I would hop on a bus and get close to home.

I saw a few interesting things, like this station to plug in an electric car...

and the first car wash that I have seen here...

and still more Christmas decorations being displayed...


and the original Cruzcampo brewery...


and finally, a mall on the outskirts of town that was open even though all the stores were closed because it was Sunday - a little weird.
By then, I had walked five miles and the skies were starting to get dark (both because the sun had set and because some dark clouds were rolling in.)  So, I walked back toward town for a while and caught the metro back to Triana.  When I came out of the metro station - still about half a mile from home, it had started to rain.  Luckily it was a light rain and not the downpours from earlier in the day, so I made it home without getting drenched.  

It is supposed to rain off and on all week - good thing we were able to do laundry yesterday!