Monday, November 19, 2018

November 19 - Costco Revisited

Today right after school, I took a bus out to Costco.  We had not been since August and had pretty much decided that joining for the year was not in the cards.  But, after searching around for a few things close to home and not finding them, I decided it was worth another look.  I still had my expired card from home which allowed me to walk around and check out the store before deciding to join for another year.....
The membership here is much cheaper than in the US and my new Costco card is good for one year at any Costco in the world... so, I am now back to being a member until the end of next November.

What finally pushed me over the edge?  It wasn't the endless supply of fuzzy blankets and backrest lounge pillows nor the giant jars of peanut butter nor premade margaritas nor pesto nor knife sets nor cookie sheets nor chocolate chips....although all of those were tempting.

It wasn't the turkey breasts or even the whole fresh turkeys (although I do hope the turkeys are still there in December).

No, the thing that put me over the edge was cranberries!  Beautiful fresh cranberries!

I still had my backpack full of books from school and only one shopping bag, so I bought some cranberries and rasberries and pecans and pita chips and made a list of things for next time.

Tonight, I made use of the cranberries and made cranberry chicken.  I know that not everyone likes fruit mixed with their savory dishes, but for me cranberry chicken is the perfect comfort food.  What next?  Cranberry pecan pie? Pecan pralines? Cranberry brie bites?