Friday, November 9, 2018

November 9 - It is Friday Right?

With all of the changes in the school schedule due to the weather, we had our cultural activity today instead of on Thursday.  Also, this week Albert and I decided to move our "night out" to Thursday to avoid the weekend crowds since our schedules are flexible enough to go on any night.  As a result, all day I kept forgetting that it was Friday. 

For many of you in the US, you are about to celebrate with a long Veteran's Day weekend - so you will get your own dose of "What day is it?" confusion.  For us, next week is a normal week. 

On my way to school this morning, I noticed that decorative lights had been strung on the square right before the bridge...the start of Christmas lights?  some festival that I don't know about?  Not sure.  I am a little surprised that many of the Esperanza decorations are still up, I am not sure if anything else is scheduled or if they just haven't gotten to everything yet.  The photography exhibit in our neighborhood has been taken down.  It seems like the neighborhood just goes from one celebration to the next -
One of the students in my class is a seventeen year old from the Czech Republic.  She has been here for a couple of months going to class in the morning and working as an au pair with a family who lives just outside of Sevilla.  Today was her last day.  I am sure that her parents are going to be excited to have her home (she has a year and a half of high school left).  I will miss her though - she was very fun.  This was her "how I feel about leaving Spain and going back to High School" face.
The cultural activity today was at the Contemporary Art museum.  We had a big group (maybe 10 students).  I enjoyed the walk over from school - about a mile and a half - finally sunny.  Albert met us at the museum.  It was a cool exhibit.  I liked it better than the ones we saw this summer.


This evening we had a nice dinner at home and then I did some Spanish - pretty chill.  Last night I put together a document with all of the family travel plans.  There are a few details to finish up this weekend.  It is basically two pages of coming and going from December 11-January 23.  I haven't really thought about how much school I will attend around Christmas time, the school is only closed for a few days but I will take off more time than that.