Monday, November 5, 2018

Novemer 5 - A Little Cooking

The weather is still cooler than normal and the teachers at my school keep talking about how unseasonably cold it is with temperatures struggling even to get into the 60's.  They are in heavy sweaters, winter coats, and boots.  These are clearly my people - we are all ready for the warmer days.

While Albert was at his class this afternoon, I did some Spanish homework and made a large pot of spaghetti sauce.  They have "sweet" onions here, but they are just not the same as Walla Walla sweets.  I am spoiled. 


I am still not used to having our big meal at the end of the day - we had really gotten into the habit of big lunch/light dinner and I am having a hard time moving back.  I will probably figure it out just in time to go back to afternoon classes.

After dinner, I  made cinnamon rolls.  The plan is to bake them in the morning and take the warm rolls to class.  Luckily if they don't turn out, I can just skip it - nobody knows I am planning to bring them.  It is the secretaries birthday (and she is awesome) and the Polish student's last day. Lots of students come and go, and I have not really had any classmates that I didn't like, but I will REALLY miss this one.


Tomorrow is election day in the US, not sure if we will get much news before we go to bed tomorrow night.  Albert and I were able to scan and e-mail our ballots to make sure that they made it in time (international mail is not always super reliable).  We both have our confirmation e-mails - so much easier than voting from Hungary.