Thursday, November 29, 2018

November 29 - Trash or Treasure?

Another cold morning - luckily I have a wisk now and can make smoooooth warm hot cocoa.
Our cultural activity today was a trip to two markets.  The first is an open air market with everything from the most trivial junk to valuable antiques - of course, none of it had much value to people trying to limit their belongings to that which will fit in a suitcase.  However,  if you were in the market for a record carved into the shape of a famous person, or a pair of polka dot reindeer, or a fur coat - you could have satisfied your wish list here.  The other market was a traditional indoor market with a fish place (which had fresh sushi - tempting) and fruit and vegetable stands (but no jalepenos) - it was very similar to our traditional market in Triana.
This afternoon, I worked on my presentation and reviewed some other topics in Spanish.  Lots of new vocabulary.
I didn't really cook today - we are still working our way through the leftovers... I did buy the ingredients in case I want to make blueberry muffins tomorrow morning for my class.  We will see.