Sunday, November 25, 2018

November 25 - Look Up

Still a few sales going on this weekend for Black Friday - or is it Crazy Friday - or Black Weekend?




On my walk today, I passed this bakery.  I am not sure what they sell - everything is gluten free, sugar free, no milk, no eggs, vegan... I am not sure after you put all of these together what types of baked goods are left - but the baker must be very creative.
I stopped off at Plaza de Espana today.  Albert has been there a couple of times with our guests in the last month, but I hadn't been in a long time - I do like it...and I really liked the guy with the huge bubble wand.


I also like this government building that I passed on the way home.



Sometimes, I forget, with all of the beautiful buildings and the hundreds of cafes and bars and all of the museums and statues, that this city is just "home" for some people - not a special destination.  They live here and work here and shop here and raise kids and go to school and .... move.  Whew, sometimes it is nice to think that when the time comes for us to go - we will just have our two suitcases to pack - no boxes or furniture or pianos or refrigerators.

Today, we had a bit of sun, and I tried to look up a little more as I walked around the city.  I got a few surprises...like the snail hanging on the wall, the lights in the orange trees ready for next weekend, and the new lights on San Jacinto (in our neighborhood), ....

I did a lot of Spanish today - ready for another week of class.  I cannot believe that it will be December next weekend - where is the time going?