Tuesday, November 6, 2018

November 6 - Sweet Success

Today was a bittersweet day.  It started with baking the sweet rolls I made last night and making the caramel sauce topping.  They looked good and I took them to school in plastic containers so that I wouldn't have to carry the heavy glass pan all the way to school.

I gave a small container to the secretary for her birthday with a single large roll in it.  By the end of class, she had finished it and washed out the container.

I also brought some for my class.  They ate them all during class and seemed to really like them.  Probably the sugar high resulted in an afternoon crash for some of them, but hey - that is what siestas are for.

This afternoon, I worked on some Spanish and made refried beans.  I have a pretty good method now and can pretty reliably make a batch.  Then, at 8pm, I headed out for Intercambio.  It was crowded, but I sat at a table with two people from Sevilla (a woman that I had only met one other time and the guy that I have been speaking with for months) and my classmate from Poland.  She leaves on an early plane to go home and it was nice to get to spend some time chatting with her on her last night.

On the way home, I stopped to snap a quick photo of the chapel on the bridge - lots of devotions... maybe some from All Saints Day last week?  I don't know, but it is pretty.