Thursday, November 8, 2018

November 8 - Ready for Some Sunshine

The weather this week has not shaped up as forecasted and the extra rain has messed with the walking tour/cultural activity schedule at school.  After moving it twice, the walking tour was finally cancelled for the week and the cultural activity has been moved to tomorrow.  There is sun in the forecast, but I will believe it when I see it.

Late this afternoon, when the rain finally stopped, I headed out for a walk.  I decided that I would walk over to the mall and try to find another sweater to layer on when the weather gets even cooler.  They had lots of ugly Christmas sweaters on display.  But, I decided on something a little less exciting.

In the walkway, there was a woman acting as the mall DJ.  The music was loud and the bass was turned way up, but the song was "So Happy Together" by the Turtles.  Doesn't seem to me like exactly a DJ staple - but what do I know.
After the mall, I walked over to meet Albert at a restaurant.  On the way, I passed a sign for a huge Lego exhibit at one of the museums.  Hopefully, I will get a chance to check it out at some point.  
The restaurant was tucked around a corner on another street that I had never been on.  Another student had recommended it - I am pretty sure we would not have found it on our own.   In addition to great service, the food was tasty and different from anything we have eaten here so far.  Albert often tries to order at least one seafood tapa when we choose three to share between us because I love seafood - he always tries them and has even thought a couple were ok, but he really doesn't usually like fish.   Today, I think he ate more of the blackened (carbon) cod than I did.