Sunday, November 4, 2018

November 4 - End of Festival of Nations

This evening, when I went out for my walk, I headed out toward the southern edge of the city center.  On my way, I stopped to read a few signs.  There are a series of large signs, each has the picture of a local architect on one side along with a question that someone has submitted around the theme "Public Spaces" and the other side is the architect's answer.  I am not sure how many other people stop to read them, but since I am always on the lookout for Spanish practice... I do.

Since we abandoned our shopping trip yesterday, I was still on the lookout for a pair of slippers for Albert.  The tile floors that have been great (both easy to keep clean and cool in the summer) have now become a source of cold feet with the cooler days.  As I was walking, I realized that it was the last day of the Festival of Nations which has been going on for over a month.  So, I headed over for one last look.  And, what did I find in the very first booth.... yep slippers.

Also, there was a great show with Brazilian dancers, acrobats, and fire eaters.  With the festival ending tonight, I am curious to see if anything will be set up in this space in the coming weeks.  I know in years past, the park has been the site of some Christmas stuff, but I have not seen anything advertising it for this year. For now, I will just enjoy the memories of the "Festival of Nations 2018".

On my way home, I snapped a few photos of some doorways that I happened to pass.  The level of detail in some of the stone, wood, and iron work is really amazing.  
But as pretty as some of these are, none compare to this one...
Home sweet home!