Thursday, November 22, 2018

November 22 - Happy Thanksgiving

The day started like so many in the last month - with rain.  Luckily it is still not cold - so while gloomy, it is not uncomfortable. 

Since it is not a holiday in Spain, I went to class like any other Thursday.  Albert met me after class, and we went together on the cultural activity - my third visit to the Archive of the Indies.  It is a pretty building, and although I have seen it all before, it is nice to practice some Spanish outside of class.

After the activity, we went to the grocery store.  Because we went a little later (after the cultural activity) and it was raining, the store was really empty.  At home I try very hard NOT to be in a grocery store on Thanksgiving because of the crowds, not a problem here.


Then we came home and I made our two person version of a Thanksgiving dinner.  Ok to be fair, it would have fed slightly more than two people... but it was much smaller than our normal Thanksgiving dinner and it would have been sad to work that hard and not have leftovers.  So dessert bars, cheese straws, mashed potatoes, stuffing, turkey breast, cranberry sauce, succotash, and gravy....it seems the carbs win in this spread.  Some of it was good and some of it will be better next time (every new dish is a learning experience).

I am so thankful to have this year in Spain with Albert, to have so much time to be a student again, and to have so many great experiences in this beautiful city.  I hope you have all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.