Sunday, February 10, 2019

February 10 - River Walk

Today was pretty quiet - some cooking and reading and Spanish...

This afternoon at around 4 o'clock, I decided that I had been in the flat long enough.  It was overcast but still warm - so I headed out to the river.  I don't usually walk along the river.  It is lovely, but I actually prefer the city walking.  I have been wanting to walk along the small floating bridge that of course Albert has walked many times but that I have not.  So, today was the day.

I walked along the low bridge which offers a good view of a couple of traffic bridges from below and of the park along the river.  At the end of the bridge, I continued to walk in the park.  It was lovely, of course, but after a few miles of walking, I was ready to head home.


I could have redone my walk in reverse or taken another park path, but I was a little concerned about rain and so I headed in and walked along the streets where there are bikes every few blocks in case I needed to make a fast trip home.


The rain never came, and I enjoyed a nice city walk.  Once home, I ate the pizza that I had made before I left, read a little more, did a little more Spanish - and I am about ready to call it a weekend.

Tomorrow, back to school for both Albert and I.