Wednesday, February 13, 2019

February 13 - Travel Plans

This morning, after a quick grocery store run, I made stir fry (Albert had his first chance to use the Mongolian Fire Oil that I started before Christmas - it takes 6 weeks to develop.)  By the time we were finished with lunch, the water on our street had been turned off (they were doing some routine checks and clearly had  a problem - it was off for hours).  Luckily we had finished showering and doing a load of laundry.  Sadly, we had not done the dishes.

Then, before we headed out to school, Albert and I made plans for a weekend on Mallorca.  It is a little cooler there than here, but the weather is supposed to be nice enough for some walks outside along the beach.

Class was pretty normal except the home work... In addition to the exercises that we would normally have.  I have to write a paper (using a very specific verb tense sequence) that tells a story of a first kiss - nothing like a difficult assignment with verb tenses to make you appreciate the romance of St. Valentine's Day.

While I was at school, I found a flyer for a student trip to northern Africa.  It looked interesting and I bookmarked the webpage to show Albert when I got home.

After class, I met Albert and we made a trip across to Tomares to IKEA to pick up a lapdesk that I had found on the web.  It is a cute town - sadly it was pretty dark so we didn't get to see much. 

Thought about having Sweedish food in the IKEA for a late dinner for me - but decided to just head home.


At home, I showed Albert the Africa tour that I had found at school, and he thought is sounded good - so we are booked for the first weekend in March.  After the travel plans were finalized and booked - I did a little Spanish so that I can actually finish my homework in time for the cultural activity tomorrow.

I wasn't really planning to go, but I convinced one of the students in my class to try out intercambio on Tuesday night and she had a great time - now she wants to try the cultural activity and asked if I would go - so I am going to give it one more shot.