Wednesday, February 6, 2019

February 6 - Not chilly, Chili

Today was beautiful - nearly 70 degrees and sunny.  But I normally make Chili pretty regularly in the winter (usually for Superbowl Sunday in fact), so today at the market we picked up some peppers, onions, tomatoes, meat, and beans - and with the other ingredients that I already had at home - I made a large pot of Chili.  It simmered all day and although I am sure it was not spicy enough for Albert (I know this since it was perfect for me), we had a nice February Chili dinner.  There was even enough leftover for a couple of leftover bowls and one freezer container.


In 2014, ride share sevices like Uber and Lyft were outlawed in Spain, then they were let back in, then last summer - there was a massive Taxi strike to protest, then a compromise was reached.  As with any good compromise - nobody is really happy.  I wonder if Uber is part of the reason that there is a long line of empty cabs on this street - or is it just too nice out for people to need a ride.

Class was good today - but we were assigned a lot of homework (which for me is never fast) - so I spent some time tonight doing the bulk of it since tomorrow we have grocery shopping and I have a cultural activity before class.