Saturday, February 2, 2019

February 2 - Happy Groundhog's Day

Pretty quiet day here.  After a little Spanish this morning, I made my way out to Costco for a few things.  The trip to Costco requires more time in the bus and walking than shopping - but since I like walking more than shopping - it is not so bad.  It also lets me see some parts of the city that I don't normally get to see on my walks.

As soon as I got home and we unpacked the groceries - we made a quick trip to our regular grocery store to make sure we had things to get through Sunday.

At 5:30, I signed on to a video call as a member of the board for the Whitman W- Club.  It was interesting, but much less interesting than being there in person.  I am not good at sitting in front of a computer screen for 4 hours - so I would occasionally walk around for a few minutes to keep from zoning out.

We went for a short walk at 9:30 (after my meeting) with the intention of grabbing a pizza.  But, ultimately it was too crowded and we headed home for a small dinner at home - maybe tomorrow.

I read that Punxsatuwney  Phil did not see his shadow - hopefully this is on of the few years that he is correct and there is an early spring for all!