Monday, February 11, 2019

February 11 - Indoor Incense

After school today, I took a walk around the city.  Instead of heading toward the cathedral (probably my most popular after-school route), I walked out toward the large waffle structure.  I tried to use roads that I had not been on before.

I noticed this shop selling incense and incense burners.  I am not a big fan of incense, and I particularly don't like that there is often a guy selling it from a table near our house - whenever he is there, the block where he is set up is a haze of smelly (I am sure some like it but to me it just stinks) smoke.  This tiny shop has all of the burners set up for folks who are interested, and because the smoke ventilates out through a chimney in the store, the sidewalk is blissfully smoke free.  I am not sure what the apartment above him smells like, but I was just glad for my own clear air.

Of course I passed all types of other shops selling everything from candy to first communion finery.

I did make a quick trip around the waffle structure - tonight it was lit up with blue lights.  I hadn't really checked it out after dark since the Christmas lights had come down.

After walking another couple of miles, I stopped off at the large round Mercadona to pick up some bread.  The moon was visible just above the roof.

Then it was time to head home.  I did stop off for a minute to check out this vertical garden.  These are popular here.  The new mall has large walls of them - they were all just tiny sprouts when the mall opened this fall, but they are filling in pretty well now.  This particular one is not at the mall - it is near the bus station and is more mature.

After my walk, I came home and had a light dinner and did some Spanish homework.  I have a lot, and I didn't want to leave it all for tomorrow.  But now it is time to read a little and get to bed.