Thursday, February 28, 2019

February 28 - Lots of Time Outside

It is hard to believe that February is over already, but it is even harder to believe that we have been away from Walla Walla for almost nine months.  Luckily, here in Sevilla, February has been a lovely month and today was no different.  With no class and beautiful weather, I took the opportunity to take a longer than normal walk.

I didn't go anywhere special- just headed south and kept walking.  Lots of children and families out in the parks enjoying the day off and the blooming flowers.  I mostly just walked and listened to music and enjoyed the warm sunshine.


I did stop for a few minutes on one of the bridges to watch the drawbridge close.  A cruise ship had been in port when I set out on my walk, and it had just left and passed back out toward the ocean on my way back. 

This evening, I spent a little while packing.  We are just leaving for a long weekend, so we don't need much.  We are traveling with a company, WELOVESPAIN, that caters primarily to students who are studying in Spain.  I found the trip through my school.  We will likely be the oldest people on the trip by a large margin, but we are looking forward to the adventure.  I walked past the morning meeting point on  my way home just to make sure I knew where we needed to go.  It is very close to our regular grocery store - so a pretty short walk down a very familiar street.


I will not be packing along my computer - so my next blog will likely be Sunday night after we return from our trip.