Sunday, May 12, 2019

May 12 - Happy Mother's Day

This morning, I finished up my homework while Juli went to mass at the cathedral.  Sadly, my allergies have been really bad the last couple of days and so my motivation to get out and do something today was very low.

By about 5 pm, the temperature outside had reached the mid 90's and I had basically been in the apartment all day - so I headed out for a walk - a chance to enjoy the summer like weather.

I mostly kept to city streets and stayed away from parks - luckily you can enjoy lots of natural scenery from the bridges.
There are lots of different ice cream shops in town (luckily for us, our favorite is really close to our house.)  One of the "styles", is very decorative.  They smear a thin layer of ice cream on a cold slab and then use a spatula to form rolls of ice cream and using this technique they form "ice cream flowers".

There is a cool "information" display in the downtown area.  Each display board has informational graphics about the area - growth, tourism, business, ...  It is like 25 perfect examples of math graphics in action and it appears that the only purpose of the display is to encourage people to be informed about their city, region, and country.  
The neighborhood kids had a cage with pet mice and there was another cage sitting outside their apartment with baby chicks.  I am not sure what the long term plan is.