Sunday, May 5, 2019

May 5 - Happy Cinco de Mayo

For lunch today, we tried out one of the restaurants that Juli's cousin suggested.  The name of the restaurant is Dos de Mayo - rats, three days late. 

On the way, we passed a number of people decked out for the fair and a few horse drawn carriages - there is so much tradition involved in fair week.

We had to wait awhile for our table, but the food and service were good.  After lunch, Juli went to visit the Setas, Albert went to the gym, and I stayed home and studied.

Later this evening, when Albert and I went to take out the trash, I met up with Juli and went down to visit the store that has window displays representing whatever is happening in the city.  Not surprising, it was a scene of the fairgrounds.  I am always so impressed with the details.


Right before we met, Juli had gone into the bakery that our landlord had suggested and bought a variety of goodies for us to take home and sample.  What a spread!  I probably should have been out walking a few extra miles this afternoon instead of sitting around studying - good thing I don't have to fit into a flamenco dress.