Saturday, May 4, 2019

May 4 - May the Fourth Be With You

Albert and I headed to the grocery store today - it was an absolute zoo.  People were doing there regular Saturday shopping (it is always busy on Saturday), but then there also were LOTS of people picking up things for the start of fair.  Luckily we were not in a hurry... and everyone seemed to be in a good mood.

I made chicken tacos for lunch.  It wasn't fancy, but it was nice for the three of us to have lunch together.

After lunch, Juli went out to explore some more in the city and met up with some of her "family" from her time here as a study abroad student, and Albert and I headed over to the mall to find him some clothes to fit his shrinking body.  He looks great in his new clothes - I will not miss his saggy baggy pants - they went right into the donation pile.

Later, Albert and I headed out to check out the fairgrounds before the big "opening". 

Around 10:45 pm, I headed back out to meet up with Juli, we walked to the fairgrounds and found a good spot to watch the midnight lighting ceremony.  Then, we walked around a bit and met up with my professor, her boyfriend, and a few students from my classes.  They had a caseta and we 
toasted with rebujito (the traditional drink of feria) and hung out until a little after 2 before making our way back home.  We were the first ones to leave and there were people still coming in as we left.  It is 3 am now, and I feel sure the party is going strong without us.  I am pretty sure this will not help Juli adjust to the new time zone.