Thursday, May 16, 2019

May 16 - Late Shopping

Didn't leave the house today until it was time for class.  I spent the morning doing homework, reading, making my shopping list for tonight, and making lunch.

Three students today in class, there are currently two other students in the class but they don't come every day.  Tomorrow is the last day for both of today's students and two others will be there as well - we will have a small goodbye party.  Maybe some new students next week - it is hard to tell.

After class, I headed downtown first....there are some art booths set up next to the cathedral for the next few weeks - many of the same artisans as in the Christmas art fair.

There were lots of street performers out today as well - many of them I have seen before, but I did see one new one.  The guy had set up these mechanical musicians and just set them playing while he sat on a bench nearby and watched the money cup in front of the "band" - odd.

The information signs are still up - I like this one about the eating habits in southern Spain where the average person consumes 9 L of olive oil a year - this includes all ages - no wonder they sell it in 5 liter bottles in the grocery store.  I am pretty sure Albert and I are not keeping up.

The grocery store was not crowded and I was able to get everything I will need to cook tomorrow for our class party.  I did have to work my way through a crowd on the way home - another procession.  On the plus side, until I got close to the actual procession, the streets were empty because all traffic had been diverted to avoid its path.