Thursday, May 2, 2019

May 2 - Juli Made It

This morning I spent hours doing my Spanish homework.  Since we had yesterday off, the teacher had given double homework.  I did the exercises and reading last night, but I had two 250 word writing assignments to complete this morning.  These are slow for me.  Luckily, we didn't need to go to the store, so I had just enough time to finish them before getting ready for class. 

Today in class there were only two students - we did a number of listening exercises which I like a lot but are VERY hard for me.

After class, I sped to the bus stop and took the bus out to COSTCO, the plan was to pick up a few things and then get home just before Juli's cab arrived from the airport.

Things started out ok, I made it to the bus stop in time, the bus ran smoothly to the COSTCO, I flew around the store only picking up the things on my list, I hustled back out to the bus stop.... this is where my luck ended.  Had things gone according to schedule, I would have been at the bus stop for about 2 minutes, the bus would have taken me back to my bridge in about 25 minutes, and I would have cruised into the house with minutes to spare.

What actually happened, however, was that I waited for about 10 minutes for the bus and when it showed up, it did not take on new passengers - instead it let off all of its current passengers and they were instructed to wait for the next bus - then it took off empty.  Not sure what happened there.  After another 20 minutes the next bus arrived.  Now instead of minutes to spare, I was looking at arriving a few minutes after Juli.  Nothing to do but settle in for the 25 minute bus ride.  Sadly, it was not a 25 minute bus ride but a 40 minute bus ride thanks to a serious traffic jam.  So when Juli arrived at the house, Albert was there to meet her and I was....still stuck on the bus.

When I finally made it home, Juli was showered and tired, but we ate a little of my COSTCO berry purchase and chatted a little before she went off to sleep.  She had been traveling for two days; hopefully she will be able to start catching up tonight.

Tomorrow is Friday already and I don't have much homework.  Definitely a trip to the store tomorrow in the morning and school in the afternoon, but probably not too much else.