Saturday, September 1, 2018

September 1 - Walk in the Park

I was up just in time to wish Rachel a Happy Birthday at midnight her time (6am here).  It is always weird for me to think about starting my day as the girls are just finishing up their yesterdays.

Today it was over 100 degrees again.  It was a good day for laundry (things dry really fast on the roof when it is over 100 degrees and a little breezy).  We also did a pretty big grocery shopping day, and I experimented in the kitchen to create beef fajitas for lunch. 

I went to the Bazaar Market to get some inexpensive school supplies this afternoon.  After being in class for nearly 2 months, I needed to spend some time organizing my learning materials (notes/note cards/work sheets).  I try to review every day, but it was good to go back through everything - even if it was a bit of a superficial review. 

But, my primary walk today took me to Maria Luisa Park - the large park adjacent to the Plaza de Espana - just under a mile and a half from home.  I had never been to the south side of the park.  It is beautiful, lots of water features, paths, flowers, trees, grassy areas, benches, gazebos, birds, and a really beautiful building at the far end.  I only spent about 45 minutes walking through the park today - it will definitely be the destination for other walks.