Tuesday, September 11, 2018

September 11 - Loyalty Card

Although we have bought groceries from a number of different stores, we definitely have a "regular" store where we do the overwhelming majority of our grocery shopping - with one notable exception.  We don't buy our diet coke at that store.  We often buy diet coke and a few other small items at a store that is slightly closer to home.  However, on a walk home from the big store one day, I noticed a sign in the window of another store advertising their diet coke for less than we usually pay.  Albert bought it there but realized once inside that he would need a loyalty card to get the really low price.  That first day, the line was long and there was only one checker - so getting a loyalty card was "not in the cards". 

Today, finally, on the way home from the store we noticed that the "cheap diet coke" market was nearly empty.  I had the groceries from the big store in my backpack - so it was up to Albert to negotiate the new card transaction.  The process did not end with a card yet (it is a multistep process) - but it seems like we are on track.  In the mean time, he did get the cheaper price today!  Yay Albert!


This afternoon, Albert and I left home (as usual) at 3:30 to walk over to my class.  Since it is Tuesday, I went to Intercambio after class.  It was a lively group - partly because many of the Sevillanos are back in town so we had lots of native Spanish speakers.  So.... I didn't make it home until almost 11:30.  After so many hours of Spanish, you might think I was able to start thinking in Spanish - but no, I am just exhausted.