Monday, September 10, 2018

September 10 - CLIC

This morning, after numerous e-mails, Albert and I decided to go down to his language school to talk about his class (which hopefully will start next week).  While he went back to take the oral part of his placement exam, I waited on the patio.

If you are thinking, "that looks really nice", then you are correct.  My "school" is an office and some classrooms (you have to walk through one to get to two others - somebody just put up uninsulated walls to separate out spaces for different classes).  Compared to my school, Albert's is a palace.  BUT, it would cost much more for me to attend CLIC, and since I am planning to stay in my intensive classes until either I learn Spanish or it is time to go back to Walla Walla and since I am happy with the instruction at my school, I won't be changing.  Albert is looking for a less intensive experience (a couple of times per week for 90 minutes), so the total cost for him is still pretty inexpensive in comparison -  and my humble school only offers intensive courses.  Maybe CLIC wouldn't notice if I hung out and studied on their patio.....

In other school news, my original teacher is back from her vacation and looking well rested - but, they moved her to a different group, so I still have my teacher from last week who I also really like.  There are a couple of new students - both are pretty advanced, so the level of my class was pretty high today.  Well, high by my standards, I am sure it still must be pretty painful for the instructor.

The effort to keep the city clean is practically non-stop.  We see people out collecting trash and cleaning streets and river walls all the time.  Also, there is a very nice woman who keeps the common part of our building clean.  But today, I saw a man sweeping out the foyer area of a church with the smallest broom I have ever seen.  Penance? Dedication? Nuts? Trying to avoid going home? I don't know.  

Also, on the way home from school today, I notice a jewelry store where a lot (like more than half) of the jewelry is bug themed: spiders, flies, ....  Not really my style, but the store is cool - there are two women who sit in the back making jewelry behind a large glass window.

Better go do some homework before bed.