Sunday, September 9, 2018

September 9 - A Walk in the Park

After a morning of cooking, laundry and Spanish - I was looking forward to some outside time.

I realized yesterday, that Albert had never been to my favorite Plaza - so since he joined me for the first part of my walk, we headed there first.  Then a short walk around the cathedral - Albert particularly enjoys the overcast sky - it is nice to walk in the cooler temps, but I wouldn't complain if the blazing sun returned for a while.
We headed back toward home.  Albert had been for a run this morning - so he was ready to head in, but I kept going along the river.  There were lots of people out enjoying the cool Sunday afternoon weather, and I just kept walking... all the way to the park at the end of the river spur.  Lots of dogs (on and off leash- thankfully people mostly pick up after them).

And a few goats....all off leash but in fence.

And all of the things I love to see in parks, family birthday parties, soccer, volleyball, views of the river complete with ducks, rollerbladers, families out walking and biking, long empty paths, walls of honeysuckle....if you aren't careful - you can forget that you are close to the city.
I laughed out loud when I saw these two girls on this statue.  The statue is of a man lecturing to a girl in a desk with an empty desk beside it.  Two sisters "practiced" for the start of school - their parents were on the path watching and laughing.  The older sister was sitting in the empty desk trying (loudly) to explain to her sister that she was not doing it right.  


After my walk through the park, I headed home.  I ended up walking over 10 miles today - a little more than I originally planned, but it was cool and I was certainly not breaking any speed records.

Now a little Spanish and off to bed.