Tuesday, September 25, 2018

September 25 - Spanish Immersion

This morning I made a quick grocery store run so I would be able to make breakfast at home this week.  Then, before noon I was sitting at the table spending some quality time with subjunctive mode and general verb conjugations.  I took a couple of breaks and used them to watch a little Netflix in Spanish.


After a few quality hours of Spanish, I walked over to class (back down to two students), and after class, I walked over to the intercambio.  On the way over, I saw an incredible pair performing on the street, the guy was playing cello and the woman was singing opera.  It is not that we don't see good street performers here, it is just that they are so outnumbered by the bad ones.  So, it was a real treat to be able to listen to these two.
They are doing some work in the lobby and cafe of the hostel where I go to intercambio.  
But we still had a pretty good group with students from Nicaragua, Bolivia, Spain, France, Australia, Brazil, China, and me from the USA.  I didn't get everyone in one photo, but these are the people that sat at my end of the tables tonight.
After intercambio, I went out to dinner (really just tapas) with a woman from France and a woman from Sevilla.  The woman from Sevilla is a high school math teacher whose students are bilingual (at least trying to be) in Spanish and English.  

By the time I got home, it was nearly 1 am, and I had not had an English conversation all day.  

Since the bar across the street is closed and nearly all of the cafes on the big street around the corner are closed, I guess that means it is time for me to call it a day.
Tomorrow, I am planning to go on the 1:45 walking tour, luckily it is only supposed to be in the low nineties.  Hopefully another good day of Spanish.