Monday, October 1, 2018

October 1 - Three Months Away from the USA

Three months ago today, Albert and I flew on a redeye flight from Miami to Madrid.  I cannot believe that three months have gone by already.  I know that the next three months will fly by as well.  (three months from today will be 2019 - YIKES) 

Tonight, Albert is flying back from Miami (through Madrid and on to Sevilla).  With the long flights and the lost hours from time zones, he doesn't get in to Sevilla until 5 pm tomorrow.  Hopefully he can get some sleep.

I spent a little time cleaning and doing laundry today in addition to my regular Spanish practice.   I saved my grocery shopping until after class - I was curious about how busy the store would be in the evening.  It is not bad in the morning but is a zoo by noon.  Turns out it is even more of a zoo at 9:15 pm and the perishable shelves (bread and produce) are almost bare in the evening.  Live and learn, I guess morning shopping really is the way to go.

We had a new student today in class - she was in class a few months ago I guess, but then she has been traveling throughout Europe with her family and has only recently returned to Spain.  It was also the last day for a student who has been in and out of my class for the last few weeks - from China.  So, although there were three students today - unless something changes, I think we will be back down to two tomorrow.   Then maybe up to three again on Wednesday when the German student comes back.  I can't believe this is economical for the school.  

Originally I had planned to go to bed a little early tonight since my bedtime has been creeping later and later in the last couple of weeks, but one of the Whitman women's doubles tennis teams is in the finals of a big regional tournament and I really want to follow the match...maybe I will try to go to bed early tomorrow night.