Sunday, October 7, 2018

October 7 - The Better Photographer

Tonight after dinner, Albert and I took a walk down to the Festival of Nations.  I had been before one night when he was in the US, but he hadn't been yet.

Much like the first time, the entire area smelled great as food from all over the world was being cooked on large grills and cooking surfaces.  Also like the first time, there was entertainment in the form of groups from a local dance school.  There were students doing traditional Spanish dances, hip hop, and modern dance.  I watched one of the groups warming up a little before the performance.  Also, since we got there a little early, we got to see the end of the drag show that had been on before.
One of the things I was reminded of while watching this performance is that Albert is a much better photographer than me.  For one thing, he has more patience.  I am willing to point my camera in the direction of something interesting and click, and to be fair the fact that I even pull out the camera and click is progress for me...but Albert is willing to set up a shot.  And also, he is willing to work to get his camera settings just right - which let us be honest, I couldn't do even if I wanted to.  And then later, he is willing to edit pictures and video - seriously?!?!?  So, while I am clicking away at a duck in a fountain...or a piece of art that I like...or a nice building...
Albert is creating works of art.

So, if you want to see great pictures or videos of our adventures together, you should check out his blog, because the best you can hope for here is a snapshot of a drag queen and a really dark duck.