Wednesday, October 24, 2018

October 24 - Baseball and Apple Pie

I had a bit of trouble sleeping last night - luckily the first game of the world series was on at 2:30am our time - so I at least had something fun to watch.  Luckily, I went back to sleep for a couple of hours before class.

I used the time during my break at school to visit a small tea and spice shop a 10 minute walk from the school.  I didn't find everything I wanted, but I did find nutmeg.  YAY!

Tomorrow's cultural activity is an international food celebration.  The idea is that each participating student will bring a food that they would eat in their own country to share with the group.  I considered stopping off for a party box of chicken nuggets and a few orders of fries from McDonalds, but only for a moment.  

After class, I finished baking the cookie dough that I made yesterday and refrigerated over night, but those are for us - not to share.

 After the cookies, I did some Spanish and made something resembling an apple pie.  Of course, the fact that I have no shortening, no rolling pin, and no pie plate meant a bit of creativity, but it smells delicious so I am willing to inflict it on my peers at tomorrow's international food celebration.