Saturday, October 6, 2018

October 6 - Alamillo Park

Took a nice walk down to Alamillo Park this morning.  There was a color run to raise money for mental health services.  I did not participate but a couple of the students from my school did so I went to watch and offer support.  There were checkpoints where the runners ran through and volunteers threw colored powder, and at the finish line there was a DJ and lots of dancing and a person spraying the crowd with colored powder from a fire extinguisher.  And, of course a booth selling water and beer.
On the way out of the park, I noticed a guy doing jumps on a board being pulled by a boat.  Sadly, I was a little slow with the camera.


On the way home, I walked past one of the big stadiums.  The parking lot was packed and there were streams of people.  I wasn't sure what the event was, but later in my walk I found a sign - it was an "outlet fair" - like a traveling outlet mall.  Definitely going to give that a pass.

I also passed a line forming outside one of the other large venues closer to our house.  But, I didn't need to find a sign for that one - there is a big concert tonight, "Barrio", that we have been seeing signs for for the last month.  Luckily is was not really hot today, because those folks are spending a long time sitting on that sidewalk.
After my long walk and then a trip to the grocery store - I was ready for a quiet afternoon and evening at home.