Friday, October 26, 2018

October 26 - Ice Cream

This morning, we had a couple of things to celebrate in class today.  One of my peers was having a birthday and another was having her final day in class after nearly two months.  Since it was Friday and we had lots to celebrate, I went out to the market with the teacher during the break where she picked out a small ice cream cake and I picked out a small packet of candles (she did not realize that I had chosen "magic candles" that continue to self-light even after they have been blown out).

We had a small celebration with the teachers from the other classes joining us for a rendition of  Feliz Cumpleaños and the poor unsuspecting student then blew out,...and blew out,...and blew out,....and blew out candles.

After class, I came home and did a little Spanish and waited to hear from Emily.  Today, she had her big qualifying exam and she has been working like crazy.  When we got the word that she had passed - we were not surprised, but you can never tell what will happen with any given committee and so we were excited and relieved.   We ordered some cup cakes from Cold Stone Creamery for her to celebrate. 

Then tonight, Albert and I went out to a small Tapas bar close to home.  It was a nice low key place.  After dinner, Albert had a small cup of brownie ice cream from our favorite gelato place.  (To be fair we have only tried two or three - but we really like this one.)
After dinner, I went for a short walk.  Near the end of my walk it started to rain, so I headed in.  I did a quick walk up to the roof to check on the progress.  The scaffolding went unused today because of the on and off rain.
I do like the views from the roof.  But I am pretty sure this guys laundry is not going to be dry any time soon.