Monday, October 15, 2018

October 15 - Rain

Albert was still out for his morning walk when I left for school today.  I have been going to school for 14 weeks in the afternoon, and I was surprised at how different the walk was this morning.  The sidewalks that are usually crowded with cafe tables were wide and nearly empty and the streets were full of delivery trucks.  And not only was I not sweaty when I arrived at school, I was a little cold.

My class was great.  There are more students in the morning, and my class had 8 students.  Instead of walking straight home after class, I met Albert at the grocery store.  We had been doing our shopping in the morning, and we are going to have to adjust to the new schedule to make sure we have enough food for the next day for breakfast and lunch.... Luckily with all of the leftovers from the weekend, we have a couple of days to figure it out.

Today in the market, I saw pumpkins for the first time.  The box said, "we make your fears come true", but I think these particular pumpkins make my dreams come true.  They come pre-decorated with black jack-o-lantern face stickers.... no need to gut the pumpkin!

It was a little weird to be home by 3 o'clock with school behind me, shopping behind us, and no cooking to do.  So I took the opportunity to do some extra Spanish practice.  

It was really raining by the time Albert came home from his class.  So, I waited to go out for my evening walk.

By 8 pm, the rain had stopped and although there were still some dark clouds, it was a lovely walk.  

Of course, there were still a few reminders of the rain like this trash can full of broken umbrellas.