Wednesday, October 3, 2018

October 3 - A Few Not So Scary Things

This morning, I noticed this new display in the grocery store.  Halloween is not a big deal here, but I guess at least some people "celebrate".
On the way home, we noticed this dog excitedly waiting for his owner outside the grocery store.  Most of the dogs we see in town are small and on leashes - but at least this large, unleashed guy was well behaved..... and really happy when his owner came out. 
The work started on our building.  Many of the plants have been moved from the patio to the hallway and we will have limited access to the roof for a while.  Mario came by today to bring a drying rack in case we need to do laundry on a day when we can't get access to the roof.  It will be nice to have if it ever rains also.  He said that the work could take up to two months and described the general parameters.  He promises to keep us posted.  We feel really lucky to have him.  We did talk some in Spanish - finally, with his careful speech (slow and with careful enunciation) I was able to understand him - WOOHOO progress.

After class and Mario's visit, Albert and I walked over to the new mall.  I didn't take any new pictures - I mean really, it is just a mall.  We did purchase a new ice pack at the pharmacy, but we didn't even go into any of the other stores.  In fact, the only other store I was even tempted to go into was the mall grocery store - I mean who knows what exotic or hard to find ingredients I could have found.  But really, we just used the mall as an excuse for an evening walk, so we skipped even the grocery store.