Friday, October 12, 2018

October 12 - Lazy Holiday

With no school today and no grocery shopping, it was a lazy day.  After hanging around all morning reading and doing a little Spanish, I decided that it was time to at least get out of the house.

Albert and I walked downtown to one of the squares where a bunch of tents (representing different regions of Spain) and a stage were set up.  The next act wasn't due on for a few hours, so we just walked around the square for a little while and headed home.

Afterwards, I did some Spanish - I wanted to get my notes and worksheets in order before I started with the new class on Monday.  But, I needed a new notebook and Albert needed a couple of things for his new class, so we headed out to one of the Bazaars and picked up some school supplies.

By this evening, the streets were really hopping.  There was another procession through Triana complete with Balloon salesman and incense vendor.  Not sure if the crowded streets were a result of the procession, the holiday, or just random Friday night tourism.  

Albert and I decided to get a quick dinner in a restaurant close to home.  Then, I went out for an evening walk.  It is supposed to get back into the 90's again tomorrow, but this evening was clear and cool (except for the clouds of incense).  

I haven't seen many cats here, but this guy hangs out behind bars in one of the patios a few blocks from our house.