Monday, October 8, 2018

October 8 - Pretzels

Well it has been a long time since I dropped anyone off for their first day of school, but today Albert started Spanish classes.  He has class two days a week for 90 minutes; so on Mondays and Wednesdays he will walk with me toward class and then I will go on alone after dropping him off at "International House".

After my class, I walked over to Corte Ingles to get some cookie butter, and while I was there I picked up some yeast.  Whenever I walk to Corte Ingles from class, I have to go through an intersection which in the past has always had a police car (still don't really know why, the officer is usually standing outside the car smoking....)  Today, instead of a police car there was a group of police motorcycles.  Maybe this is just where the local officers hang out for their evening break?

Anyway, once home I put my yeast to work and made some soft pretzels.  It is times like this that I miss my stand mixer with a dough hook.  After much kneading, rising, twisting, boiling, eggwashing, salting, and baking, the house smelled like freshly baked bread and we had 8 beautiful soft on the inside slightly chewy on the outside soft pretzels....then 7...then 6....then 5.  Ok, the rest went into the freezer.