Tuesday, October 2, 2018

October 2 - Albert Is Home

I stayed up last night and followed the progress on Twitter of a pair of Whitman women as they won the ITA regional doubles in tennis.   It was really exciting, but as soon as it was over, I changed out of my lucky tennis shirt since it is still very warm here.

This morning, I made brownie fudge cookies. I took some to class and left some here so that Albert could have a couple when he got in from his long trip from Miami.  They turned out pretty good; the cocoa is really good and I have finally figured out the baking powder replacement.

After many hard miles, my Keen sandals finally transitioned from tattered to unwearable.  Lucky for me, Albert arrived tonight with my replacements.  Yippee!

I wasn't home when Albert arrived since he came in right during the middle of my class.  Also, today is Tuesday - so I had intercambio right after class.  But, I did leave a little early to be home by ten.  Albert was still awake.  I headed out for a quick walk in my new shoes and he was even still awake by the time I got back. 

This week work is supposed to start on our building, they are doing some exterior painting and work on the patios (both the central patios and the patio on the roof where we normally hang clothes).  Our landlord has offered to bring a drying rack so we can hang indoors while the work is being done.  We are supposed to keep the windows and shutters closed on the windows that face the patios so that water and cleaning chemicals don't get into the flat.  We first received notice last week in our mailbox, then an identical letter appeared hanging outside the elevator, then our landlord sent a message explaining what would be done, and then a reminder with details about what hours the workers would be here was slid under our door this evening.  I give the communication in this place an A+.


Also, today Albert and I got our ballots for November.  Albert already filled his out while he was waiting for me to get home.  I will try to get mine filled out tomorrow. 


I am REALLY happy to have Albert home♡